|File comments and tags in ownCloud 9|
Important changes in ownCloud 9 include:
- much improved collaboration thanks to the introduction of comments (you can now comment on any file and see what others comment) and tags, along with improved notifications and activity feed;
- easier sharing between different ownCloud servers, with cross-server username auto complete, trusted servers and more;
- new storage API that enables deeper integration with storage solutions and updated sharing code to handle more shares with more users;
- a new, stand-alone updater was added;
- code signing to ensure the integrity of your ownCloud installation
- improved Calendar and Contacts apps;
- much more!
To see the new comments feature, check out the video below:
(direct video link)
Check out THIS page for all the ownCloud 9 release highlights.
Install ownCloud server in Ubuntu
– for Ubuntu 15.10:
ssudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/xUbuntu_15.10/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list" wget http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/xUbuntu_15.10/Release.key sudo apt-key add - < Release.key rm Release.key sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install owncloud
– for Ubuntu 14.04:
ssudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list" wget http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key sudo apt-key add - < Release.key rm Release.key sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install owncloud
And finally, access ownCloud in a web browser, by visiting: http://localhost/owncloud/
You may also want to check out the ownCloud documentation.